Monday, December 14, 2015

Week Seventy-one: Transferred!

So, first things first: WE BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!
After battling with María Elena for a while over doubts and a lot of other stuff,
 she decided to get baptized and she is ready to endure to the end! 


The sister missionaries in our ward also had a baptism, and the boy asked me to baptize him, so I baptized him this week too!
His name is Donovan, but everyone calls him donita (little doughnut)

Also, today i got transferred! Im excited, but at the same time im really going to miss the people from my old area. I got transfered one ward over to the stake center. the ward is named Reforma. Its only one ward over (it literally borders with my old area haha) but its completely different. Here, all the streets are paved and its a whole lot nicer. My old area was kind of sketchy but dont worry because im not there anymore! My new companion is Elder Martinez. I was actually already with him for one change. When i arrived to the offices (one year ago) he trained my companion Elder Garcia and we were together for one transfer so i already know im going to love this transfer with him.
Who has seen "A Savior is born"?
This week we did the first of three events called Big Bangs. The whole zone goes to one place and makes street contacts about the initiative. We had a lot of good things happen and are excited to do it 2 more times this week! 



I feel like a lot more has happened this week, but i don't really remember it all. Everything is a blur right now haha
My scripture to ponderize is Isaiah 9:6
Challenge: Share "A Savior is born" with everyone!!! and also share the video that explains how the world would be without a savior! These videos are incredible and will change lives, don't be shy to share them with your friends and family!!
I love all of you! thank you for your support!


This week we had a Dr and nurse come to our mission and teach us some healthy habits, and to see if we had any problems.
The Dr told me that my Dr from the US had called him and asked him to check up on my ankle. I was surprised to hear this,
I asked him what Dr had called and he told me it was "Dr Chrome"!
haha that's my dad's self appointed nick name!
"Dr Chrome" had asked his High School friends to check up on me and make sure that my ankle would be healthy
enough to start mowing the lawn when I return home this summer, haha.
Dr Stevens sent "Dr Chrome" a follow up email to his exam,
 and told my dad
"Not sure the ankle will be ready for lawn mowing for a few years!" haha

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan Baker:
    Loved the bit about the ankle! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn Wagner:
    Haha! Love no lawn mowing for years! How cute!

    ReplyDelete