Monday, June 6, 2016

Week Ninety-six: The beginning of the last transfer


Heres a picture of a small Iguana
 that ran into our house when we opened the back door

Today I said goodbye to my last american companion Elder Hogge ;( He is actually going to the exact same area I was in before this one! I will receive today around 5pm Elder Ojeda my new companion! I got to see him start the mission and I have actually been on divisions with him and now he is going to be my companion! I dont know a lot about him, but I know that he is from Vera Cruz Mexico and is a great missionary! Ill attach a picture of us that we took last week with a good friend of mine who finished the mission last week.

Elder Ojeda is the one on the far left
Before Elder Hogge left we got our last hurrah in!  





The sister missionaries in our ward (Urieta and Powley) had made matching skirts and then we decided to have some matching ties made from the same fabric.





Elder Hogge and I even wore them to the leadership council and President and Sister Egginton LOVED it hahaha.To top it all off we all wore our matching stuff to church yesterday and sang a special number for Elder Hogge and Sister Urieta´s farewell because they both got transferred. 



Consejo de Liderazgo Junio 2016

This week we traveled to Pantla again for another baptismal interview and I had a super awesome experience with the baptismal candidate (Now recent convert). He has had his life completely changed through the gospel. He was extremely exited to tell me all about in in the interview. Im pretty sure the interview lasted 1.5 hours and i spoke about 15 minutes haha. he said something that really impacted me. He said that a while back he was just an unhappy person and that he felt empty, but now that he has found the church he feels like "a little kid with a new bike and he cant wait to wake up the next morning to go ride it again" those are his words. While I thinking about what he said, I was brought to a scripture in Alma 5:26. "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" I know that all of us have felt that "new bike" feeling and that is amazing. Now the question is, can we feel it now? I like to reflect on this scripture a lot to try and get closer to my Heavenly Father and repent every day. 

Challenge: Ask yourself Can i feel that same feeling now? if not, make the necessary changes. If yes, great job! Keep doing what you're doing. I think I already left this as a challenge, but I really like it and i think it goes along great with the baptismal experience.

Thank you for all your love, support and prayers! I love you all and hope you have a great week! Just six little weeks left! I cant believe how fast its gone! Ive only got 6 more weeks to give it my all with Elder Ojeda, so ill keep you posted!


The following photos were emailed to Pam
 from Yaitza Sagnite Yañez Sandoval,
 as per Elder Wagner's request :)



And this from Hermana Elizabeth Powley's camera:

No comments:

Post a Comment