Monday, February 8, 2016

Week Seventy-nine: They still call me Dewey!


Editors note: For those who don't know this show,
I found these photos online and added them.
 Top photo: Dewey is the boy on the bottom right
Without fail in every single area I've been in, someone has told me i look like Dewey from "Malcom in the Middle" hahaha. In my first area they called me Elder Dewey and the other day we were teaching a family and their daughter said "Oh! I can see it now! I always thought you looked familiar and didnt know why, but now I do! You look like Dewey!" so yeah, the nickname continues hahaha.

Dewey is the boy in the middle of the photo

Elder Zuniga is great! In our first week together in the area we have made a lot of progress and had 2 new investigators at church who hadnt attended before! One is named José Luis. We taught him Wednesday-ish and after finishing the lesson i thought "We should invite him to come to church" but then remembered that he always works on Sundays and can never come and almost didnt invite him. But i asked him if he was going to go and he said yes very firmly. I asked him if his work schedule changed and he said that it hadnt, and wasnt sure how he was going to be able to go to church but was going to figure it out. And he figured it out and went!! I'm still not sure how he did it!! We are really exicted for him :D The other new investigator is named Marín. He is the husband of a less active sister. they came to church together and he came in a suit and everything!

This week we had Stake Conference and an area seventy named Elder Carreón came to speak. We invited all the missionaries in the stake to come to the conference so they knew what the stake was working on, but when the conference started on Friday the stake president started talking and it wasnt very helpful for the missionaries and Elder Zuniga and I were regretting having invited all the missionaries in the stake... But then Elder Carreón started speaking and pretty much told all the members how to work with the missionaries and to use us more! It was actually really amazing and all the missionaries learned a lot! By the end of the conference we said "Why didnt we make it mandatory for all the missionaries to be here?!" hahaha This really helped me see the importance of having stake conferences in the church and listening to our leaders.
The only new picture i have this week is the calendar of our meal appointments... hahaha sorry I'll take some this week!

My scripture to ponderize this week: Alma 18:34-35
Challenge: Read the talk entitled "Why the church?" by Elder D. Todd Christopherson. We read it in the mission and is was amazing to see why it is so necessary to have a church on the earth with the proper authority. There are so many people in this world who dont understand that, so please read this talk and find out why the church is so important!!!
I love you all! have a great week!
Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment