Monday, February 29, 2016

Week Eighty-two: I'm terrible at putting clever subject lines



I feel like this is going to be one of the more boring letters I've sent since leaving the offices, but oh well haha sorry!

We have been working a lot with Pedro and Livier and Valeria. They all came to church, along with some other investigators, but neither of them have progressed toward gaining a testimony... I think this is the first time I've had investigators who complete with going to church (normally the hardest part) but don't do the small things like read the scriptures and pray. But we're going to keep working hard with them and hopefully they can be ready for baptism in 2 or 3 weeks!

We had a special training this week that talked a lot about the difference between minister and administer and how the leaders of the mission need to master both. It was really good and I learned a lot of stuff that will help me both in and after the mission. The offices helped me a lot with the administration part haha.

My scripture to ponderize this week is D&C 122. Last week I only picked 3 verses, but this week I'm going to see if I can memorize the whole chapter!

This week we spoke with a woman who was very lost and unhappy. We knocked on her door and she told us that she had already spoken with a lot of churches and that she only got more and more confused and that she had given up and was just going to go back to the religion that her mom taught her and give up. We tried to help her, but she was so distraught and sad that she didn't let us leave her a pamphlet or anything. It was really sad for me to see someone so unhappy and lost. the hardest part was that she wouldn't let us help her. 

CHALLENGE: Let God into your life, or if you already have, help someone else do the same. Just because the trials seem too much and it seems like God has abandoned us, he is always there with his hand extended waiting to help us. Let him help you and heal you through the atonement of Jesus Christ. (D&C 122) There is also a video about this on LDS.ORG called "Gods Light" look it up!

Thank your for all your support and prayers! I love you all! Especially you mom! I don't think I said that to you in the emails I sent you haha. Have a great week everyone!

Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment