Monday, January 18, 2016

Week Seventy-six: 6 Months remaining!



Last week after going writing you all, we went to downtown Guadalajara!
Now I understand why everyone says Guadalajara is really pretty!
 In my 17 months in this city I always asked myself why everyone told me this city was really clean and pretty because I only been in the places where tourists
 don't go haha! I've attached all these photos so you can see for yourself how beautiful this city is when you visit as a tourist haha
 



We also visited Ripley´s Believe It or Not!
 It was pretty much exactly like the states, but everything was in Spanish haha 
I'll attach the pictures.





Elder Martinez and i realized this week that we have a TON of investigators! But we also realized that we have a big challenge keeping in contact with them :( Why do people always have to be so busy?! The investigator with most promise is named Livier and here 8 year old daughter. Livier´s mom is a member and helps us a lot, but Livier works 12 hours almost every day so she cant come to church, but her daughter Valeria is really excited for her baptism! Valeria comes to church with her grandparents and little sisters almost every week, but her mom cant because of work, but in February she is going to have vacations so well see what happens then! :)

Today we had our zone activity!
 Elder Martinez organized a scavenger hunt kind of thing and we played soccer and ate pizza! I'll attach a picture. I keep forgetting to put on sunscreen on days like these..tomorrow I'm going to be regretting it...



My scripture to ponderize this week is: Matthew. 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 ¶Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I am with you until the end of the world!!! That's a pretty great promise from the Son of God! Yesterday I gave a talk at church about missionary work and I shared this scripture. While giving the talk I realized that we don't have to be nervous to speak to people about the gospel or give a talk at church. The Lord will be with us "...alway(s), even unto the end of the world".

Challenge: This year, President Egginton has put a lot of emphasis in the word "Change". If you are comfortable doing whatever you are doing, change! If you're comfortable not reading the scriptures, change! If you're comfortable not going to church, change! If you're comfortable not taking care of your body, change! There's a talk given by a General authority called "Approaching the throne of God with confidence". I invite you all to read it and set some goals to change for the better!!!

I love you all! thank you for all you do!!!!!
Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment