Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week Twenty-two and a half: The Mission

This week we didnt have much time to write because the internet cafe we usually go to was closed and so were the other 3 that we went to so this isnt going to be the longest letter, but im going to send pictures!
This week was pretty normal... actually no it wasnt, my companions trainer went with the mission president to interview all the missionaries in the mission so we were in a trio all week, and my trainer sprained his ankle last week playing soccer so we were kind of stuck in the offices all day and all week except for like 2 days where we had splits with members, but it was good because i only have one more 2 more weeks to learn everything and i still have a ton to learn! I started teaching me companion more english because he hasnt really learned much yet and its really funny because there are a lot of sounds in english that they dont have in spanish and its pretty hilarious to hear them try to say some words. like "zero". i tried to start with the basics and teach him numbers, but the very first number he couldnt and still can pronounce very well haha. but hes a good sport and laughs along with me instead of getting upset or embarrassed because he cant say it right. I have been blessed with a really great companion. im excited to spend the next 9ish months with him. he really wants to work hard and we have a lot of goals that are the same that we set at the beginning of our missions or at the beginning of them.

Challenge: Find a reference or be a reference! if youre a member already, find a friend who is ready to receive the gospel or who might be open to receive visits from the missionaries and give their address and phone number to the missionaries! If youre not a member, accept the missionaries into your home and hear what they have to say! It amazes me the amount of joy that be had just from listening from a few young men in white shirts and ties!

Elder Garcia, my trainer Elder Hutchings from provo utah, and me wearing stuff that i got in my christmas package.
My companion Elder Garcia in a hat that a member made for us and glasses that my mom sent me.
Add some crazy giant ant thing with wings
Me and the book of mormon (for those of you who cant read spanish or are too lazy to use google translate)

 The office trainer of my companion and some tacos we bought the other week. his name is elder martinez and he is from oaxaca i think its called haha i know how to say it but not really how to spell it.










No comments:

Post a Comment