Monday, October 13, 2014

Week Ten: one month in mexico

I cant really wrap my head around the fact that i have already been here for almost a month and i have almost 2.5 months in the mission already! well i guess its true, time flies in the mission. 

today we went to downtown guadalajara to do some stuff for our visas and i got to see all the elders from my district in the MTC!  elder hansen who was in my apartment with me lost 30 pounds already! its crazy what mexico can do to you! I thought it was rough to lose some of my pday to go do visa stuff and then i realized that i only had to travel about 30 minutes to get to the mission offices and other elders had to travel up to 9 hours and pay up to $100 (dollars) to get there while i only had to pay like 6 pesos which is like 50 cents haha.

My spanish is improving every week and i really see that the Lord is helping me so i can teach his sons and daughters in mexico. the other day my companion told me that in my sleep i was speaking spanish and english! i didnt even know i talked in my sleep, let alone in another language haha. Oh well, ill take that as a sign that my brain is at least partly in mexico mode and hopefully i can be be a fluent spanish speaker in my sleep soon! Oh and the other day i was in a store and this guy starts trying to talk to me in english, i usually just respond in spanish because they only know one or two things in english, but he actually spoke english and we started talking in english. it was really weird and uncomfortable for some reason, so ill take that as another sign that my brain starting to convert to mexicanism!

I keep seeing dopplegangers of people i know in america, its crazy. ill see someone out of the corner of my eye and think its someone i know, then when i look at them the second time i realize its just a mexican version of the person i thought it was. sorry dad, i dont think ill be seeing your doppleganger any time soon. there arent many 6 foot tall bald mexican men who wear bald eagle shirts.

We had 3 investigators come to church this week! and one of them brought his cousin! its such a good feeling to see people trying to come closer to Christ and fulfill commitments! During a lesson this week with a woman named Mercedes, we were talking to her about the plan of salvation and she told us that within the last year her son had passed away and one of her grandchildren had fallen off a balcony and died. all i could think about when she was telling us about her grandaughter passing away was how i would feel if one of my nieces or nephews passed away and how crushing that would be to me and my entire family. then i realized how amazing it was that we have the knowledge of the plan of salvation and that i had the opportunity to share with this woman the same joy that i have found in the plan of salvation and all the principles of the restored gospel. the church is true!

sorry if my emails are all over the place and hard to follow, but i dont really ahve time to proofread it all and make all the thoughts line up. i just kind of type whatever my brain thinks and that can be pretty weird and hard to follow, so i apologize if my emails dont make any sense haha. 

Con amor, Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment