Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week Four: Second to last email from the MTC




Elder Sasser, Elder Dance, Elder Hansen and myself after the temple today.

Sister Jayna Walker, me, and our companions after the Sunday devotional.

I cant believe i only have 11 days left in the MTC! Tomorrow i should be getting my travel plans to Guadalajara! I'm really excited, but I'm really nervous for the language and new culture!

Somehow i lost weight this week? i think the scale might be broken, but it says i lost 2 pounds this week so... yeah thats pretty cool

We taught people in Mexico this week! We have been teaching lessons to members of the church every Monday night and this week we started doing skype lessons with people in mexico! it was really hard to understand them because they spoke faster than we are used to and the connection was kinda sucky, but it was still really cool to talk with real Mexicans!

We have been teaching this woman named Mercedes and my companion and i cant tell if she is a member or not (they dont tell us if we are teaching a real investigator or a member acting as a member). anyway, shes is really awesome! we only get one more lesson with her so hopefully we can get her to commit to baptism before were done! she has a lot of questions about the things our church does and always wants to know where the bible says to do the things we do and its tough for my companion and i because we arent exactly experts in the bible, but this is a good opportunity for us to learn more about the bible!

On Tuesday we heard a talk from Don R. Clarke of the quorum of the 70 and he was amazing! he gave us 5 points to be the best missionaries we can be: 1, Member missionary work. 2, Convert Retention. 3, Activation of less active members. 4, Get converts to do the temple work of their ancestors as fast as possible so they can know the blessings of the temple. and 5, Become powerful teachers. learn to teach through the holy ghost and let him teach the investigator instead of trying to convert with logic. People remember how something makes them feel more than what someone said.

Overall, this week has been great! My Spanish is getting better every day and my testimony is getting stronger and stronger. I can feel the love our savior has for us more and more as i learn the gospel and teach it to others. 

-Elder Wagner

The middle of West Campus has a little stream water feature thing and its really pretty.


Elder Clifford (from my district) and me trying to tie our ties as long as possible

Email to Mom and Dad:
I asked my friend who was leaving last Monday to call you with his calling card, but i don't think he did it haha. i also snail mailed you, but its probably not there yet. i am trying to get a hold of you because i have so other needy missionary requests. trading ties is a lot bigger than i thought and I"m running out of ties to trade, so could you please send me my ties from the boxes under the stairs? the only ones i don't want you to send are the Jerry Garcia ties and the black tie with the "U" on it. i would really appreciate it if you could send those! you're the best! love ya! and thanks for the dear elder and hand written note. i got them on the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment